Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Habitats, Living / Non Living and Zoo Animals

I know!  I know!  I am pushing it trying to combine all of these things into one week.  But HEY!  A teacher's gotta do what a teacher's gotta do.   Most of you know that I am not a fan of the "standard" reading book.  I prefer to use "picture" books, relevant authors and materials designed for toward each child's reading level and needs.  How can I get all of that if I make ever kid read the same story from the same stuffy reading book?

I will admit that look through the teachers manual to take note of skills and align them to state standards and such.  So, this week I am focusing on several skills from the story "The Forest" in the Houghton Mifflin reading series.

I am adding some things I made to TpT.  Take a look and I hope they help out. 

I am also using Deanna Jumps Zoo Unit.  LOVE HER!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower to your blog and it sounds like you teach like me! =)

    We are learning about plants and oviparous animals and mammals....and of course that brings in living and non-living! =)

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. I have oodles and oodles of *freebies*!

    I also recently shared a poem called "A Heart of Patience" that I would be honored if you read it...it is a great reminder for ALL teachers! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete